Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blue Bird

               Three birds I caught       

                  as they came my way

               Three birds I took

                        and caged away


One was yellow

just a scared lil' fellow

One was red and full of rage

But the last was blue

and  the  only  1  who  flew



I knew all along

I   KNEW   it   was   wrong

To lock up inside

  Bird   Born  To   Fly

I had to set her free

before she was hurt!

I  had  to let her be

so she could live on dirt



But

it was a

dream

and I couldn't even

scream!

Her head sliced in

h  a  l  f

by a fan

made

by man



She cried in pain!

clawed

at me

to end

all vain



Yet she survived

and

never died



On the fire she





fell

melted down like butter

Cooked upon the stove

never freed to rove



But I had a feeling

her heart was still

aflutter

And somewhere deep inside

she lived

and

never died


No comments:

Post a Comment