Friday, June 10, 2011

Thread

I stole a life

mistakenly

one night



I slaughtered the life

with a feminine

knife



Agonized

I didn’t

when I discovered

the slip



Coz sewing the split

must have been

the reason

for the slit




I stole a life

when I

named Life



I split a nucleus in two

Stole wings

from those who flew



Beating hearts

lay clasped in my hands

As I strolled thru their lands

and uncovered their plans



Trespassing they claim

as I walked thru My Day



Larceny the crime

but the victims are blind





They gave it away

I didn’t even pay



or ask for their share

of this endless

pie in the sky



Didn’t want it

or claim it

or need to make it mine



Coz mine it is

and mine it was

and mine it will always be



But yours is yours

Not mine to take

And yours it is



And always was

and will always be

even when you don’t see



But yours you’re not

when you blind your heart

with glasses painted



with lies and illusions

and bittersweet delusions



The blame I took

when I discovered their plight

but the more I write

the more I think



some other crook

is the one that took

this flame I hook


No comments:

Post a Comment