Thursday, July 7, 2011

To Be

I prayed to God one lonely night

I asked if he could ease my fight

I begged & begged for just a drop of light

I cried & cried & increased my height



I told this God the things I need

I told her that I Would believe

I promised her I’d never leave

IF only she Would do as I please!



To this she thought

And thought and thought

And finally said “I could’ve fought

With you till dawn

Describing the grass on your lawn

Explaining why the ground is fawn



But have decided instead

That you’re as thick as lead

And I’d have to be outta my head

So I’ll just say



No, I can’t just do what u want



But as long as you’re hear

Perhaps u could lend an ear



I have problems of our own

And was hoping u might help

I pray that u will

   Could pay your dues

      Could love as friends

         And lend your hands

   Whenever you can”

No comments:

Post a Comment